Muse: —Synonyms 1. cogitate, ruminate, think; dream. 1, 3. ponder, contemplate, deliberate.

How it works: Muse exists to serve as a creative outlet for artists and an idea bank for Cypress Arts. We hope that it will serve as an artistic community, a springboard where good ideas grow and take on new life, a place where artists can dream, stretch your artistic muscles and create (read more)

8.05.2009

IT?


Sunday, August 16 we're launching IT.

We're going to talk about what IT is.

IT is something you can't manufacture, but you can feel IT, see IT and experience the effects of IT. You know IT when you have IT.

Do you know people who have stories about having IT?

Have you seen dramas or videos that capture the idea of IT? or that capture a great image of what IT is not?

Some ideas to get your creative wheels spinning:

Drama - Pulpit Talk
Drama/Video - Amena Brown's "You"
Song - "Something Changed" Sara Groves


So, what other ideas do you have to help us talk about IT?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the week of How to keep "IT" a subtitle or words to play with could be "IT" has left the building.

Anonymous said...

Talking Heads did a song years ago I believe was called "What is it or Who is it? Could make for a prelude or offering song.

Anonymous said...

2 other resource books in a similar vain I found were
"Sticky Church" Larry Osbourne
"10 Stupid Things That Keep Churches From Growing" by Geoff Surratt

Anonymous said...

Bruce Hornsby "That's Just the Way It Is"

Anonymous said...

Artsy thought so hang with me!
Black and white scripted video with overhead red light bulb.
Single woman or man - monotone dialogue but changes effect/pace in voice as it goes.
Goes something like this:
What is it? What is it? Am I missing it? Do I need it? Can I touch it, feel it, smell it, hear it? Is it here? There? Where? How do I find it? Where can I find it? If I look hard enough will it be there? Or where? Is it everywhere? How will I know when I find it or have it or am near it? .......

Could go on - sort of like a one person dramatic video (we have done something like it before that was cool but with multiple people)

Anonymous said...

there is a song by Michael Jackson called "can you feel IT" .. that might be able to be used. but to come up with a theme song for the series would be an idea.

Anonymous said...

you can make a video of people who happen to have IT - this would have to be famous people - sports stars(or teams), movie stars, pop culture people etc..

they have huge fans as people want to be with those who have IT