Muse: —Synonyms 1. cogitate, ruminate, think; dream. 1, 3. ponder, contemplate, deliberate.

How it works: Muse exists to serve as a creative outlet for artists and an idea bank for Cypress Arts. We hope that it will serve as an artistic community, a springboard where good ideas grow and take on new life, a place where artists can dream, stretch your artistic muscles and create (read more)

1.16.2009

New Year - New Direction


I was so overwhelmed and excited to work side by side with artists this past Christmas to create, edit and write the program for Wonder! What a fun creative process!

And it got me thinking... rather than have this blog/conversation just be about generating ideas... what I would REALLY LOVE to see is to see this blog generate new original art.

The reality is that, here at Cypress, we are surrounded by phenomenal artists. Writers, photographers, musicians, dancers, etc.

And I have been wondering for some time... what could happen if we unleashed the massive amounts of creativity hiding in the seats on Sunday mornings?

So, let's do just that!

Here on "Muse" I will be posting the series and topics that we will be covering over the next several weeks. If you have, or feel inspired to create, original art that relates to the topic, please send it my way or post it here as a comment. I will bring the art to the planning process and we will consider it for possible use in a service.

As always, we as a team of artists will need to hold our gifts loosely understanding that our art may or may not be used. But I do feel strongly that if we all participate and "spur each other on" we will not only improve what we offer to God and to Cypress on Sunday mornings, but we will improve as individual artists as well.

So, I'm in. Are you?

0 comments: