Muse: —Synonyms 1. cogitate, ruminate, think; dream. 1, 3. ponder, contemplate, deliberate.

How it works: Muse exists to serve as a creative outlet for artists and an idea bank for Cypress Arts. We hope that it will serve as an artistic community, a springboard where good ideas grow and take on new life, a place where artists can dream, stretch your artistic muscles and create (read more)

6.26.2008

2008 Series ideas

I'd like us also to have a place, here on Muse, where we can throw out series ideas, set ideas, interactive element ideas, all that are not necessarily tied to a current planned series.

So, I'll get us started with this post regarding series ideas.

It's not uncommon for me to be out and about my daily routine and to come across a word or phrase that captures a cool series thought. If that happens to you too, please post them here. Here are some I've been collecting:


Welcome to Grey

I Am

Charged

Watercooler Wisdom

It's Who I Want to Be



I don't have topics or themes for all of these and would love to hear what you think they might say well. Take a minute and have some fun with them and/or add titles of your own. Let's get the conversation started.

7 comments:

Deana Kistner said...

Random series title thought:

Guest services

Take it to the bank

Kay said...

I heard a message on the radio this morning that was addressing the voices of the culture and the influences we have from every direction as christians. I thought it was a great idea to explore as a series and help people to deal with it. How to listen for God's voice - and discern God's truth vs. trading the truth for lies and living a kind of pseudo-christianity. How the evil one uses distraction and the clamor of information/voices to lure us off course from following the way, the life and the truth...Jesus.

Deana Kistner said...

Thanks for the idea!!!

Unknown said...

I like this post.

Concerning Kay's idea. We actually did a series like that and I sang the Amy Grant song "Who To Listen To". I think this type of question is one of relevence ALL THE TIME and is especially helpful for young people or singles who are trying to establish their identity in Christ. Our small group just finished a series called "ID" where we really dug in an rooted out a lot of the lies we've been telling ourselves for years, and it was also awesome. - LLL

Unknown said...

.


in other words...

Who Am I?


LOL

Unknown said...

Welcome to Grey:

You might spell that Gray just to keep it from looking like Grey's Anatomy. Unless that was your purpose.

The whole idea of things not being "cut and dried" or "black and white" seems to keep coming up in my own casual conversations with friends.

When I hear "Welcome to Grey" I think I might have a chance to learn what to do when I am in a foggy zone morally or ethically and how I can get out with the least amount of shame. Is that what you were thinking Deana?

I like that idea so much. It reminds me of a secret idea I have for writing a book series.

Deana Kistner said...

Thanks for your comments. It's been so long since I came up with these (and I don't have notes anywhere about them) that I don't remember where I was going with "welcome to grey" although I still like the title.

Keep the conversation coming.